YMMV: Green Lantern: First Flight
- It Was His Sled: Anyone remotely familiar with the comic books, can see Sinestro's betrayal coming from a mile away.
- Memetic Mutation: Sinestro's "Shut your mouth, you stupid little troll!" line has become quite popular in comicbook-related forums.
- Moral Event Horizon: "Frankly, Kilowog... you weren't going to survive this anyway."
- Destroying the battery, thus, causing the death of thousands that lost their powers and even air protection in space crosses the line for someone who wants to protect the universe.
- Nightmare Fuel: Several moments.
- Sinestro "overstimulating" an informant to get information out of her with a "moonball." A real-life comparison would be intentionally injecting someone with heroin until they overdose.
- Kanjar Ro's henchman getting sucked into space by a hole smaller than his waist, screaming all the way.
- Boodikka suffocating Hal Jordan by tightening what is essentially a plastic bag around his whole body.
- After the battery is destroyed, hundreds of rings start raining down. Sinestro casually points out that, without the battery or the Guardians to save them, the other Lanterns died in the vacuum of space.