YMMV: Great Expectations
- Ho Yay: Pip and Herbert. Pip is very fond of Herbert, and Herbert refers to Pip as "my dear Handel", or "my dear boy" throughout the novel. Chapter 50 of the original text, when Herbert is tending to Pip's wounds, is swimming in this, especially at the end.
- The way Herbert proposed to Pip to share his business with him and Clara just smelled of a threesome attempt that everyone would've agreed with.
- Jerkass Woobie: Miss Havisham. After reading her backstory, her actions when it comes to raising Estella become understandable. And of course, Estella herself due to said upbringing.
- Magnum Opus: A strong contender for Dickens's best novel. Though these days, the consensus is shifting towards Bleak House.
- Tear Jerker:
- The Woobie: It's a Dickens novel! What do you expect?