YMMV: Grand Funk Railroad
- Americans Hate Tingle: They never acquired much of an audience outside of the USA.
- Anvilicious: When they tried to be political (for example, "Save the Land") this was typically the result.
- Critical Dissonance: At their peak, they drew huge crowds and enjoyed platinum-selling albums, but the music press hated them.
- Deader Than Disco: Between 1970 and 1974 they were one of the biggest bands in America, ranking alongside Led Zeppelin, Bad Company and The Who as a top live draw. Since breaking up, they haven't maintained the same reputation and popularity of any of those groups.
- Signature Song: "We're An American Band", which supposedly arose from an argument