Tropers Online: 4,938
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Grand Funk Railroad
- Americans Hate Tingle: They never acquired much of an audience outside of the USA.
- Anvilicious: When they tried to be political (for example, "Save the Land") this was typically the result.
- Critical Dissonance: At their peak, they drew huge crowds and enjoyed platinum-selling albums, but the music press hated them.
- Deader Than Disco: Between 1970 and 1974 they were one of the biggest bands in America, ranking alongside Led Zeppelin, Bad Company and The Who as a top live draw. Since breaking up, they haven't maintained the same reputation and popularity of any of those groups.
- Signature Song: "We're An American Band", which supposedly arose from an argument