YMMV: Good Luck Chuck
- Deconstructive Parody: The movie is a lot more interesting if you think of it as this to romantic comedies. Contrived situation? Let's go with actively supernatural. Single Woman Seeks Good Man, but can't seem to find one? Single man seeks good woman, except every single one he has sex with is going to fall in love with someone who's not him. Female lead is clumsy? Make her be basically a health risk to herself and anyone around her, even breaking multiple bones because of her "cute accidents". Male lead goes to ridiculous, improbable lengths for female lead? Chuck spends tons of money, nearly ruining his life. He sends flowers to her office and other silly love-demonstrating things? Chuck tries so hard to get her back that it actually freaks her out so much that she breaks up with him.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Too many moments to count.
- One-Scene Wonder: In the first scene, Sasha Pieterse as Anisha.
- The Scrappy: Stu has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Film Brain also mentions that if the movie ended with Charlie setting-up Cam with Howard, the renowned penguin expert whom she admires, thus having her find her true love. This would be a very Bittersweet Ending, which in his opinion, makes up for a lot of Charlie's previous behavior.
- Why Would Anyone Take Him Back?: Cam broke up with Charlie because he was being a creepily possessive Jerk Ass. He never tries to explain himself (about the curse) - neither when she breaks it off nor when he begs her forgiveness at the end. Not to mention that he whored himself out before, and she still took him back.