- Badass Decay: Transformed from an uber-creepy tank in 1995 to kid-friendly comic relief in 2002.
- Fan Nick Name: On Youtube, The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust is called Gaga Dust, as in Lady Gaga before she was cool.
- Fashion-Victim Villain: As The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust..
- Early Installment Weirdness: For newer fans, it might seem unfathomable that clean-cut straight arrow babyface Dustin Rhodes from WCW is the same guy.
- Ham and Cheese: Like his dad and brother.
- Screwed by WWE: The alleged reason for his firing in 2012. He called a spot where Darren Young and Titus O'Neil would perform a tag move on Yoshi Tatsu. The pair botched the move and dropped Yoshi Tatsu on his head. While Yoshi was not seriously injured, WWE allegedly placed the blame for this botch entirely on Goldust and fired him.