- Epic Riff - Too many times to count.
- Face of the Band - Justin Broadrick.
- First Installment Wins - Streetcleaner still gets praise for its eerie, slow, and enormously heavy sound, more so than all of Godflesh's subsequent albums.
- Nightmare Fuel - A lot of their work can fall into this trope. Do not listen to Streetcleaner alone in a dim room.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Slavestate, with its heavy electronic influences, and Songs of Love and Hate, which featured a Lighter and Softer, Hip Hop-influenced sound, caused this reaction for many fans.