YMMV Tropes for the Tabletop Game
- Broken Base: Despite its antiquity, the rules of Go are mostly the same everywhere, but there are technical differences between the rules used in China, and those in Japan and Korea, mostly concerning the way the score is calculated, but also how a few very rare situations are handled.
- “Stop Having Fun” Guys: For people who Play By Post or online, Go is Serious Business.
YMMV Tropes for the Game Show
- Harsher in Hindsight: Search For Tomorrow had moved to NBC eighteen months prior to the cast's appearance on Go, and was already suffering in the ratings.
- If the appearance was to help the soap opera, it didn't work: Search finished last of all daytime shows in the 1983-84 season, but still managed to stick around until December 26, 1986.
- If the appearance was to help the game show, it really didn't work: Go was canned at midseason, and replaced by Hot Potato.
- Moment Of Awesome: Of the 79 episodes, the $20,000 was awarded at least four times — November 11 (Week 6), December 9 (Week 10), December 23 (Week 12), and January 19 (Week 16).
- What an Idiot: The show was gone in 16 weeks, but the idiots it brought forth are eternal.
- Both of the 99-second rounds.
- "What" "color" "is" "Leann's" "hair?" (ding!) "Yellow!"
- "What" "moos?" (ding!) "A car!"
YMMV Tropes for the film.