* ArcFatigue: Of the Myth Stall variety. The manga has been on-going for ''30 years'' and has over ''45 volumes'' by now and we ''still'' don't get told whether Maya or Ayumi will be the official Crimson Goddess Successor!
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: The original 23-episode anime TV series from 1984 was taken off the air early due to poor ratings despite the renowned Gisaburo Sugii being the series director. However, it later got screened on TV in Europe (notably Italy and France) and has many fans there, enough in Italy for the original manga to be released there in later years.
* FatalMethodActing: Barely averted. Tsukikage once was on-stage, and then a lamp fell on her... She survived, but was left massively scarred.
* LesYay / FoeYay: Maya and Ayumi have ''so much'' of this, mostly out of TheOnlyOneAllowedToDefeatYou territory. The second ending song to the newest anime ''does not help''.
* MethodActing: Maya's M.O. for learning most roles. Play a blind-deaf girl? Live several days with bound eyes and plugged ears. Play a wolf? Drive your roommate insane by only walking on all fours and communicating with animal noises.
* SuspiciouslySimilarSong: The title theme tune of the 1984 anime sounds a lot like Irene Cara's "Flashdance... What a Feeling" (which, given that that song was the last non-Japanese-language song to hit No. 1 in Japan for twelve years, may be deliberate).