YMMV: Ginger Snaps
- Freud Was Right: The curse is very strongly linked with sexuality and puberty.
- He's Just Hiding: Some fanfiction involve Sam surviving Ginger's attack and being a werewolf himself.
- Hollywood Homely: Bridgette is convincingly dowdy. They do a very good job of making Emily Perkins (Bridgette) look unattractive, when you consider just how gorgeous she is in real life.
- Jerkass Woobie: Ginger. She's a Jerkass through and through for most of the film, although less so to her sister, but as the full moon approaches, Ginger seems to grasp more and more what is happening to her, culminating in the scene where she attempts to chop off her own tail and winds up crying in Brigitte's arms, consumed by fear. It's about the only point where the audience would be willing to risk giving Ginger a hug.
- Moral Event Horizon: After one Accidental Murder, and an offscreen killing with unclear circumstances, Ginger finally sheds the few shreds left of her internal humanity when she brutally murders the janitor with no provocation apart from him stumbling upon a body, and has absolutely no remorse whatsoever. After that, the physical wolf transformation is merely a formality.
- Narm: The opening of the first film has a woman panicking and crying because the beast of Bailey Downs killed her dog. It's impossible to take seriously.