- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The ending of the Millennium special after Tom and Linda have both passed out from drinking too much had a group of men in pink shirts coming out of the back of the flat singing 'Tomorrow' from Annie.
- One-Scene Wonder: Daisy, played by Rose Keegan, only appeared in one episode, but she was very popular with fans and is regarded as one of the most memorable things about the whole series. Heidi Honeycomb also counts.
- Retroactive Recognition: Before they were known for their appearances in popular soap operas, Elaine Lordan appeared in this show in the recurring role of Linda's sister Sugar Walls and Charlie Condou appeared in one episode as Nino.
- Unintentional Period Piece: It is unmistakenably late 1990s/early 2000s with so many references to late '90s pop music. The Millennium Special where they mention the Millennium Bug and Maureen Rees from Driving School.
- The Woobie: Linda occasionally. She's constantly rejected. She's told she's ugly and stupid by almost everyone she meets, she's publically disowned by her celebrity sister Sugar, her father lies that he's in an iron lung as an excuse to have as little contact with her as possible, she appears to have had a loving mother, but she has passed away. She has, all in all, had a horrible life. The only reason it isn't a Tear Jerker is because she's so deluded she thinks she's gorgeous and that everyone loves her. However, sometimes that is implied to be simply a defence mechanism and that she's trying to be happy despite everything. Then there's the Downer Ending...