- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: A lot of Christopher Walken cameos can come off this way, but this takes the cake (er, pie... whatever). His scene starts of unassumingly enough with him playing a detective there to ask some questions but then he starts talking about pie for no apparent reason, leaves and is never referenced to ever again.
- Also, the bit involving Ricki's ex-girlfriend, Robin.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Christopher Walken talking about pie.
Stanley: Know what I'd like to do? Go down to Marie Calendars get me a big bowl of pie, some ice cream on it. Mmmm good! Put some on ya head! Your tongue would slap your brains out tryin' to get to it! Interested? [lengthy pause] JOHN!?!?
- Not to mention the use of the word "heterolingus", which is impossible to utter with a straight face.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The score, by John Powell, is one of the few things about the movie anybody likes. It's a great easy listening album and nice to break out at Valentine's Day. Here's a nice sample.
- Fetish Retardant: "It's turkey time. Gobble gobble!"
- Ham and Cheese: Al Pacino's scene runs on this. Given Gigli was done by the same director who kickstarted Pacino's overacting period with Scent of a Woman, totally justified.
- Idiot Plot: To the point that Pacino's whole role in the story is basically to point out to everyone how stupid they've all been.
- Narm: Three words: "It's turkey time!"
- One-Scene Wonder: Walken and Pacino's respective scenes.
- Retroactive Recognition: That's Justin Bartha giving such a horrific performance as Brian in his film debut. Everyone has to start somewhere.
- Romantic Plot Tumor
- Snark Bait: This film is an easy go-to whenever anyone needs a joke about bad movies.
- Squick: Louis getting his head blown off into a fishtank and the fish eating pieces of his brains.
- So Bad, It's Good: The premium movie channel that got stuck with the broadcasting rights tried to bill it as this. Their ad campaign literally included the phrase "See what's so bad about what people called the worst movie ever!"
- WTH, Casting Agency?: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez as mob goons.