YMMV: Get Carter
- Adaptation Displacement : This was based upon the novel Jack's Return Home by Ted Lewis. Not a lot of people know that.
- Fridge Brilliance: Watch Carter's train journey again. If you look, you'll see the assassin, who is none other than J himself, suggesting that Carter was being tracked right from the start.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Many bands have covered the title music ("Carter Takes a Train") including The Human League.
- Memetic Mutation: Apparently barmen in Newcastle got sick of being asked for drinks "In a thin glass!".
- Moral Event Horizon: When Carter kills Margaret, though she was hardly an innocent victim.
- Narm: When Michael Caine whispers, "I fancy you." during the phone sex scene.
- Vindicated by History: In the UK, Get Carter got mediocre reviews but did pretty well financially. In the US, it got better reviews but was poorly marketed and didn't do much business. It took a couple of decades before its reputation started to build, and today it's regarded as one of the best British films of all time.