YMMV: George Takei
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Made his first appearance on the Howard Stern show in the early 90s. Howard abruptly asked him in the middle of the interview if he was gay. George answered with a flat "No". George came out in 2005.
- Memetic Mutation: "Oh my."
- Memetic Sex God: One day, when you least expect it, he will have sex with you.
- Narm Charm: His whole Large Ham persona.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Was one of the most prominent voices speaking out against anti-Muslim discrimination in the wake of September 11th, having experienced similar hatred and bigotry as a Japanese-American during and after World War II.
- After the death of Fred Phelps Sr., Takei said that, as tempting as it may be to picket his funeral like his miscreant clan did to so many, it's best that we leave him alone, for hate never really wins in the end.
- Tear Jerker: Pretty much anything out of the first third of his autobiography, detailing the family's life in the internment camp. In particular Takei talks about how the family adopted a stray dog, and then had to leave it behind when the war ended and the camp was disbanded. "I couldn't stop my tears." There is also a mention of an aunt who died at Hiroshima holding her baby.