YMMV: Geometry Wars
- Game Breaker: For those competing on the total score rankings for Galaxies, Min- stages. Due to their Pinball Scoring mechanics, Min- stages are so hideously overpowered that scores on all other stages, with the exception of one Var- stage with Min- elements, are absolutely pointless.
- Simple Yet Awesome: The "Sur-" stages in Galaxies. No extra lives, no bombs, just pure, kill-or-be-killed gameplay.
- That One Achievement:
- One of the achievements in the 360 version of Retro Evolved is getting to 1,000,000 points without dying once. Yeah. Have fun.
- Retro Evolved 2 has Smile. To earn this achievement, you have to time out in certain stages and die on others, so the results screen looks like a smiley face. Surviving the rest on your limited resources can be pretty tough.
- That One Level: "Orb-" (Orbit) stages in Galaxies are exceptionally annoying. A vortex in the center creates a current that sends you and enemies spinning around it at high speeds. It's quite easy for a wayward enemy to slam into you while you're just trying to struggle against the current.
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs: Magazine ads frequently touted this game as "Asteroids on steroids"
IGN: The biggest problem at the IGN office with Geometry Wars Retro Evolved ... is agreeing on just how addictive this little arcade space shooter is. We've decided to label it "Asteroids on Speed," and we'll leave it at that.