YMMV: Geoff Berner
Oh, can't they see humanity is really just one big family? It doesn't matter who's to blame, when everyone is really all the same. Except for vastly diverging views of history... geography and... possibly the purpose of human life on earth.
— "Song to Reconcile"
- Acceptable Targets: Usually only goes after these.
- Contested Sequel: There are about as many people that think The Wedding Dance of the Widow Bride is an improvement over Whiskey Rabbi as there are people who don't.
- Crazy Awesome: Expect anything less from the writer of How to Be An Accordion Player? note
- Crosses the Line Twice: Berner's a regular multiplication table when it comes to this. Merely crossing it twice is his default setting.
- Ear Worm: "OH COME AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL YE BOLD CANADIANS..."
- Epic Riff: "Song Written in a Romanian Hospital", "And Promises to Break Before I Sleep", "Wealthy Poet", the list goes on. Though keep in mind these are all violin riffs.
- First Installment Wins: We Shall Not Flag or Fail... does this for anyone who didn't appreciate his genre shift to klezmer.
- Nightmare Fuel: "Queen Victoria". Leonard Cohen's original was already squicky enough, but... man.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: The point of "Official Theme Song for the Vancouver / Whistler Olympic Games (The Dead Children Were Worth It!)".