- Awesome Art: Say what you will about the Gorn, it's still some of the most detailed and realistically drawn Gorn in cartoon history.
- Bile Fascination: For some. For others...
- Cult Classic
- Awesome Music: The ED, Fairy Dreaming.
- First Installment Wins: The first episode/story is widely considered the best.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Brazilians love this series, possibly because it was one of the first series to be shown in the popular "U.S. Manga" programming block in the now extinct TV Manchete.
- Said Brazilians who watched "U.S. Manga" were in the 8 to 14 age range and, up to that point, the goriest thing was Saint Seiya or Detonator Orgun, but Genocyber managed to top both of them on the very first episode and, as if that wasn't enough for it to become a legend, the first episode was aired uncut (or darn near it) on the first run only, the other episodes either weren't aired or were chopped senseless (and gore-less) and later reruns either didn't exist or were also chopped down. As a result, the series became some sort of an Urban Legend as not everyone watched it the first time around, which is one of the main reasons why people are so interested in it around the football south of America.
- To sum it up, Genocyber was pretty much the first ultra-violent, more "mature" anime to be broadcast in Brazil, in a reasonably big TV station.
- Holy Shit Quotient: Say what you will about the series itself, it will make your jaw plummet.
- Moral Event Horizon: Crossed in the first episode at the hospital scene. Crossed in the second episode at the infamous "shredded children" scene; it certainly makes you feel much less sympathy for the soldiers when they start bursting into Ludicrous Gibs.
- Narm: The shredded children.
- Nausea Fuel: The whole damn show.
- Nightmare Fuel: The hospital scene, as well as a number of the more creative deaths.
- The end of the aircraft carrier arc, sure most of the soldiers were Asshole Victims, but that doesn't make it any less disturbing.
- Hell, most of the show could be considered Nightmare Fuel.
- Sequelitis: The third arc, due to the Time Skip, Mind Screw, Gainax Ending, and atrocious dubbing, is the most hated part.
- Squick: The series is infamous for this.