- Alternative Character Interpretation: It doesn't take much for Dr. Steiner and Dr. Pascalle to start seeming like Mad Scientists. They create a super A.I. evidently just to prove it can be done, and give it free run of a whole city. Once it all goes horribly wrong, their attempt to recover involves experimenting on their kids. But it's a Necessary Evil! Because they say so.
- Foe Yay / Ho Yay: Ash and Rion, heavily. In addition, certain fans seem to see it between Rion and some of the other Galerians, particularly Cain.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Pat has got to be intentional. Got to be.
- WTH, Costuming Department?: Arguably everyone in the sequel.
- It's a Cyberpunk world, what did you expect?
- The Woobie: In a few ways, Rainheart. Lilia is a straighter example.