YMMV: Ga-Rei -Zero-
This page lists all of the YMMV tropes in the prequel Ga-Rei -Zero-. For YMMV tropes that appear in the original see YMMV/Ga-Rei
- Adaptation Displacement/Darker and Edgier: Just try comparing the manga and the anime.
- Base Breaker: The serious differences in the tone of the anime and manga and certain plot holes caused by the differences between them—Kagura's radically different appearances in the different adaptations and issues involving pairings being the most attested ones—have lead to a sharp divide in the fanbase between those who like the anime and those who like the manga.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Paradise Lost" by Minori Chihara
- Evil Is Sexy: Yomi
- Faux Symbolism: "Paradise Lost" as the opening theme.
- Les Yay: Kagura and Yomi which later becomes Foe Yay.
- Also, the Director and Kiri, who behave quite like a married couple.
- Memetic Mutation: Yomi ;_;
- Moral Event Horizon: For some people, when Yomi killed Mei. For others, it's when Yomi killed Kazuki.
- Nightmare Fuel: Anything involving the head-grabbing evil spirits.
- From Kagura's viewpoint, having to fight Yomi.
- Too Cool to Live /They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character:The Decoy Protagonist team from episode 1 had ALOT of potential. They were a Bad Ass Crew, with interesting chemistry, distinct personalities and even some Ship Tease between two of them (Toru and Natsuki, to be precise). Of course, they get killed off IN THE FIRST FRIGGIN' EPISODE !
- The Woobie: Kagura and Yomi ; even after her Face-Heel Turn..