- Adaptation Displacement/Darker and Edgier: Just try comparing the manga and the anime.
- Broken Base: The serious differences in the tone of the anime and manga and certain plot holes caused by the differences between them—Kagura's radically different appearances in the different adaptations and issues involving pairings being the most attested ones—have lead to a sharp divide in the fanbase between those who like the anime and those who like the manga.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Paradise Lost" by Minori Chihara
- Evil is Sexy: Yomi
- Faux Symbolism: "Paradise Lost" as the opening theme.
- Harsher in Hindsight: In episode 4, Kazuki is playing with darts while casually mentioning to Nori how scary a vengeful Yomi can be. Come Yomi's downfall and the horrors that happen later, he was right on the mark.
- Even more so, remember that funny imagine spot in episode 5 where Kazuki got all Lupin on Yomi only for Ranguren to chew him to pieces? Lot less humorous after episode 11, where that's how he checks out.
- Les Yay:
- Kagura and Yomi have a number of flirty — almost downright romantic — moments, which later becomes Foe Yay.
- Also, the Director and Kiri, who behave quite like a married couple.
- Memetic Mutation: Yomi ;_;
- Moral Event Horizon: For some people, when Yomi killed Mei. For others, it's when Yomi killed Kazuki.
- Nightmare Fuel: Anything involving the head-grabbing evil spirits.
- From Kagura's viewpoint, having to fight Yomi.
- Too Cool to Live /They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: The Decoy Protagonist team from episode 1 had ALOT of potential. They were a Bad Ass Crew, with interesting chemistry, and distinct personalities. Perhaps they would have been better off if they had starred in an anime of their own. One can only speculate...
- The Woobie: Kagura and Yomi ; even after her Face–Heel Turn..
YMMV / Ga-Rei -Zero-
This page lists all of the YMMV tropes in the prequel Ga-Rei -Zero-. For YMMV tropes that appear in the original see YMMV/Ga-Rei