YMMV: Futari Ecchi
- Canon Sue: Yura. The narrator's commetaries will always point out how beautiful, well proportioned, gentle and good wife she is and how Makoto is lucky to having her. It will also take her side whenever Makoto is being a douche or having fantasies about other women, pointing "HEY YURA'S YOUR WIFE! BE NICE TO HER!" or the creator will comment about how he wishes to have a real-life Yura. Some even would think that hating Yura is a proof of evilness.
- Fan Nickname: Makoto - "Minuteman Makoto"
- Fridge Brilliance: Initially the premise seems downright insane, but when one stops to think about it, the true genius of the concept becomes clear enough to make one wonder why no one thought of it sooner.
- Narm: The "Perfect Training Program for the Penis" from chapter 102, with ideas like hitting it with a wrung up wet towel and alternately dipping it in warm and cold water.
- Tear Jerker: The ending of the first short story. Okay, someone get a box of tissues.
- Teasing Creator: Every now and again, the creator of FE likes teasing readers with the possibility of Makoto finally impregnating Yura. Close to 60 volumes and still no baby!
- What an Idiot: Even taking into account his total lack of experience and some sexual Values Dissonance in Japanese society, Makoto is very, very bad about thinking of Yura's pleasure during sex. Even after detailed lectures from both his brother and sister-in-law about the importance of foreplay and how to please a woman, he's still awful at it. In his defense, this is probably Truth in Television for too many relationships. (And a main point of the manga.)