- Awesome Music: The game had a very underrated musical score of eclectic techno tracks but the most notable one of all was the Terran Theme. You can listen to it, here.
- Breather Boss: Vestra's boss, the Hammerhead, is fought in a room full of destroyable stalagmites that fall to the ground and those that weren't destroyed by your own fire respawn on the ceiling. However this is his only attack, if you destroyed all of the spikes it will only stand here tilting is head up and down until you kill it.
- Goddamned Bats: The red fighter planes on Ares are ridiculously tough, taking 16 laser shots to kill while other fighters take 2-4 shots.
- Good Bad Bug:
- You can shoot at crashing ships and still pick up power-ups until the ship is destroyed.
- Items inside tunnels always respawn when you exit and can be picked up over and over again granting unlimited supply of otherwise rare weapons.
- That One Boss: The octopus/spider boss of Tiamat is tough and shoots fireballs that are the most damaging projectiles in the game.