YMMV: Funny People
- Eminem: So then what are we celebrating?
- Harsher in Hindsight: After George Simmons gives a depressing self pitying stand up routine Ira has to follow up and does so by making fun of George. At one point he jokingly says that George's act will be followed up by Robin Williams killing himself on stage. This would have seem much more innocent in 2009 but now watching the scene might make some people say Dude, Not Funny!
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Leo (played by Jonah Hill) telling Ira "You shouldn't have lost all that weight"
- It Was His Sled: The last third of the movie is a romantic drama that has nothing to do with the first two.
- One-Scene Wonder: James Taylor: "Fuck Facebook."
- Padding/ Pacing Problems: The film stretches one movie's worth of character development across two movies' worth of story. It also crams in a boatload of celebrity cameos that almost all have a scene to themselves, and don't establish anything other than "The main character knows this person." It seems to continue the trend of Apatow's films getting longer and longer and him beating his editor more savagely each time he says "Hey we should cut this stuff that doesn't add to the film thematically."
- Romantic Plot Tumor: The movie didn't need the an hour with George and his ex and most critics agree that it brought the movie down
- The Woobie: Ira