YMMV: Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
- Alternative Character Interpretation:
- Was Jason intending to kill Darren and Lizabeth, or was he giving them a chance to leave. Maybe he was just standing there to scare intruders, before eventually having to kill the two when they didn't heed his silent warning.
- Some have theorized that the reason Jason was particularly brutal to Paula was because she bore a pretty good resemblance towards Alice, the woman who killed his mother.
- Awesome Music:
- Heartwarming Moments: Jason, despite his threatening visage, refuses to harm any children from now on. Sure, he was scaring that little girl, but it must have been unintentional on his part. Maybe he was looking into a more innocent time before everything went straight to hell...
- Nightmare Fuel: Ironically, although this installment is a black comedy, the trailer is very spooky.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: Jason's return, Thom Mathews' performance, the self-referential humor and a more coherent plot combined to make this one a major fan favorite, and one of two films (the other being The Final Chapter) that usually tend to be named as the best in the series. Even professional critics gave it good marks - a rarity for this franchise.
- Win Back the Crowd: Jason was explicitly brought back to make up for the fifth movie, which had received overwhelmingly negative fan reaction.