* ComplacentGamingSyndrome: Once you figure out what order to perform each set of stages in, some levels become almost ''too'' easy, and several objectives can be reached by shortcuts -- some [[GuideDangIt easily missed]], some not -- that bypass most of the enemies.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: Chris' speech to the people of New York and abroad from atop the captured TV station, reaffirming his commitment to the American Dream and urging all Americans to push back the invasion.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Two words: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXY539D5Q4M Jesper Kyd]]
* GoodBadBugs: Sometimes, when you grab a weapon in the hideout, it will have more than the maximum amount of ammo that it can usually carry. Sometimes, this is a small, unexpected bonus, and you'll get a few extra magazines. Other times, a sniper rifle will spawn with 8,000 rounds in it and you'll be able to spend the rest of the game shooting everyone from a mile away with the normally quite rare sniper ammo.
* IdiotPlot: A mild case; there's no indication that the United States Army put up much of a fight against the Soviet invasion, and news reports show that the Soviets easily overran the country from coast to coast with very little effort. The brothers don't even realize there's an invasion taking place right outside until Troy is being held at ''gunpoint''.
** Further compounding this is the ease at which the USSR managed to conquer the rest of the world with apparently little real resistance. Even after South America has fallen, the US remained blissfully content in daily life until the moment New York is crawling with enemy soldiers.
** To make matters worse, even after Soviet drones are sighted all across the nation the government waves them off as simply being ''weather balloons''; Seems unlikely the U.S. government would keep the public ignorant and fail to prop up its national defenses when it knew the truth of what was coming.
*** That is... unless the Soviets [[NightmareFuel had someone on the inside...]]
* ItsShortSoItSucks: Averted. Despite the short length it was well-received by critics.
* PlayerPunch: General Tatarin [[spoiler:personally executes Chris' brother]].
* SpiritualLicensee: They could have called it ''[[Film/RedDawn1984 Red Dawn]]: The Game'' and there wouldn't even be a need for any changes. Wolverines!
* ThatOneLevel: [[spoiler:The rebel base when it is overrun with Soviet troops. Nothing but a linear progression of soldiers and no save points.]]
** The mission where you personally, and ALONE, take on an entire Soviet base. Stealth is of utmost importance, but once you [[spoiler:kill Tatarin]], the entire base is on you with Hind Gunships. But you can [[DungeonBypass swim back to the exit point, and neither the soldiers nor the Hind will notice you]].
* WhatAnIdiot: How was the US government so completely unprepared for a Soviet invasion even after drones appeared over their skies across the country? What were they doing while trying to make the public believe that these were merely "weather balloons"?