YMMV: Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
- Awesome Music: "I'm Awake Now" by Goo Goo Dolls.
- Complete Monster: Even in the utterly Narm-filled sixth movie Freddy had his heinous moments, like when he taunts Tracy by appearing as her sexually abusive father ("Give daddy some honey...no one has to know..."). By the end of the film his bodycount is already numbering in the hundreds, as he has turned all of Springwood into a children's graveyard and driven the adult survivors to madness. He makes clear his intent to continue his killing spree until he simply runs out of victims, since "every town has an Elm Street".
- Fanon Discontinuity: Some fans debate this movie's placement in regards to Freddy vs. Jason. Others are quite content to pretend it never happened and skip right to FvJ.
- Fridge Horror: "Every Town Has an Elm Street." Can't get anymore fridge scary than that.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Freddy kills a gamer by controlling him with the Power Glove and forcing him into a pit. When The Angry Video Game Nerd plays A Nightmare on Elm Street NES game, at the end of the video he gets in a fight with Freddy...and kills him using the Power Glove.
- Holy Shit Quotient: The house Tracy, Carlos and Spencer go into exploding into an exact replica of 1428 Elm Street.
- Sequelitis: Often regarded as the worst entry in the series, with the possible exception of the second film and the remake.
- Special Effect Failure: The special effects in general aren't up to the quality seen in the previous three entries, though this can be explained by the fact that the film-makers were consciously going for a Lighter and Softer feel, rather than the dark, gory style of most of the previous entries. The 3D effects added to Freddy's death (both of them), on the other hand, are inexcusably bad.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: A story about Freddy finishing off Springwood and moving onto another town could have been epic.