YMMV: Fred and Barney Meet the Thing
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: In Mexico, the show was actually well liked and there were some rewrites. Several episodes state that the Professor in the show transformed the Thing back into Benjamin Grimm, but overshot it and made him a teenager. Still doesn't explain why the show's Benji is a redhead whereas the original Ben Grimm is dark haired.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Thing segment's scrawny Benjy Grim would seem hilarious now that the Thing is being played by skinny Jamie Bell for Fantastic Four (2015).
- Love It or Hate It: Depending on your view of the character, it was actually nice to see Ben "free" of being stuck in Thing form, and actually choosing to transform back to help his friends. For whatever it's worth, the show helped popularize both Aunt Petunia and his catchphrase of being "the lovable blue-eyed Thing, Idol of millions"; he was only short a phrase of being The Rock before there ever was a Rock.
- Squick: Benjy has a crush on the high-school aged Betty Harkness, but he's actually an adult stuck in a teenage body, leading to some (thankfully) never-explored Unfortunate Implications.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Admit it, the way the show is titled is practically begging for an actual crossover between The Flintstones and The Thing.