YMMV in Fraxy:
- Freud Was Right: Phallic Avenger!
- Game Breaker: The "Quicker" ship type. Enough said.
- Using splash damage to bypass the barriers on a Sequential Boss and attack the core directly.
- Fun Mode counted as this on early versions of the game. It had a boost speed equivalent to that of the Quicker's, along with a passive oversoll that lasted forever.
- Good Bad Bugs: One bug allows for the creation of a 100% invisible boss, with no hittable parts.
- Nightmare Fuel: TekTo and Eboshidori had a battle to create such bosses, the results, Zapan D and Scylla, were very successful.
- To clarify, Zapan D is a giant mechanical skull that uses a shield made of big cores to attack. In its second form, it becomes even larger and uses assorted BreathWeapons and Eye Beams to Beam Spam proportions. Scylla, The Infected Titan is a boss that has several forms, ending in a gentleman Eldritch Abomination. It also uses Awesome Faces to do its dirty work in the first two forms.
- Surprise Difficulty: A typical new player pits themselves against the premade bosses, gaining confidence. Then they go download a few bosses from various Fraxy websites and soon realise the error of their ways.
- That One Attack: Every boss has some really painful attacks. Notable attacks include:
- Eboshidori's SBS 1300K, with the Archer Beam. If you can't hide in the nooks in its wings, you die.
- Oneshiningstar's Star - Pincer Core. 3 easy attacks, followed by Vajra of Perfect Buddhism. Enjoy dying!
- Though fortunately, if you're playing without limited movement, that attack becomes far easier.
- "That One Boss" Makers: Several, including:
- Eboshidori, who's something of a Memetic Badass in the Fraxy community for making difficult (or just interesting) bosses (in the grand scheme of things, that aren't all that hard).
- Zarro Tsu, a boss maker who focuses on making danmaku bosses, most of whom will cause massive damage to your lives.
- Oomagatuhi, a Japanese boss maker who also focuses on danmaku bosses, except these would give even the most difficult of shooters a run for their money.
- Henny5555, who used to make bosses that are impossible to beat without the Quicker ship type!
- Among the generic bosses, Clock Trap is a order of difficulty much higher than its compatriots.
- And of course, everyone else who can make a decent boss is less then one step away from such a title!
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: Several bosses are re-imaginings of deities from several religions (Eboshidori's guardian series is built around this, with every Buddhist Deity except for the Buddha himself showing up and the protagonist being the Buddhist devil ), one sticks the player on a crucifix, and one crucifies himself to achieve his final form.
- Actually you get to face Buddha too.
YMMV in the Fan Fics:
- Crowning Battle of Awesome: Arc. Legion. The finale to the ][nfector storyline, it is a fight against a being so powerful that Reactor 00, which had the strength to wipe the galaxy clean of an invading army, could only hold it in check, in Another Dimension, set to epic rock musicnote .
Arc Legion: "You still cannot give in to the inevitable? Then let the heavens fall!"
- Designated Hero: Mara. No matter who created him or why, no matter the intentions, Mara has the simple mission of killing Sakra-Devanam and her spawn for attempted (and possibly accomplished) genocide of humanity. If he needs to devastate an alien fleet for making the simple mistake of experimenting with Sakra-Devanam's oddly shaped resurrection leeches, so be it.
- Nightmare Fuel: Eboshidori's storyline: shortly after Mara's fight with the Phantom 30k, he destroys it while the pilot is calling for backup. SET TO CREEPY MUSIC. It's implied that the P30k and all related ships were created by Sakra-Devanam, and are not human, but still....