- Hollywood Homely: Jennifer in "Jennifer of Troy", played by an actress who is even better-looking than Hollywood Homely poster girl Ugly Betty. The funniest part is that Jennifer has very good self-image and thinks she is beautiful, while the rest of the main characters (besides Stanton) immediately judges her to be ugly. Stanton thinks she is beautiful, but the others consider him strange for thinking so. Willing Suspension of Disbelief becomes extremely strained only 15 minutes into the episode. This review (with pictures) covers the details.
"I can't tell if Jennifer is delusional or the most self-inflated person ever."
- No one calls her ugly. They just think it's ridiculous that she thinks she got fired for being the most attractive person in the office when she works with literal supermodels.
- Ho Yay: A female lawyer in their office suggested Franklin and Bash have "make up sex" when they aren't getting along well. Franklin jokes they tried that once.
Franklin: "If my partner were here, he'd be visibly aroused... My law partner, not life partner... though we do live together, and it does get fun..."
- Shout-Out: Franklin and Bash have a poster for the movie S.W.A.T. hanging in their house. In one scene from the season 1 episode "Big Fish", Damien Karp is shown walking down a hallway, passing the poster. His actor, Reed Diamond, had a minor role in the film.
- An alternative explanation is simply that Franklin and Bash are action movie fans and happen to like the movie and/or its poster.