- Butt Monkey: Manhog
- Critical Dissonance/Acclaimed Flop: While Frank has never seen large sales, it has nonetheless won critical acclaim and fan recognition.
- The Woobie: Manhog, when he's not being a complete jerk.
- True Art Is Incomprehensible
- Cerebus Syndrome: You have no idea.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Frank's first appearance and his performance of the song The Ginger Crouton. After seeing Jon struggle to form lyrics well enough to write a whole song, it's quite refreshing to hear a series of random words sung by someone who clearly does not give a damn.
- Esoteric Happy Ending: Frank comes up with a brilliant song and reunites with his band, so he'll be alright, but Jon quit his job and spent his life savings trying to get the band up and running. Now he's parted ways with them and is broke in a foreign country. Even if he manages to get back to England, he'll still be unemployed.
- Wham Episode: The entire second half is basically one long series of wham moments, from Clara stabbing Jon to Frank's panic attack at SXSW to The Reveal of Frank's real face. It's just one game-changing moment after another.