** [[FrenchJerk The French]] (this is a British co-production after all). Creator/JeanReno's involvement is a staple of his SelfDeprecation.
** The Americans and British Royal Family get it too, though to a much lesser degree.
** Liam, Rita's brother, is a dirty rotten sellout. [[FridgeLogic Think about it]]. ''He'' pointed out that Roddy was wanted by the Toad, complete with a phone number. Then, ''someone'' phoned Thimblenose Ted. Ted doesn't say who. Just "a tipoff." Who, oh ''who'', could've [[IncrediblyLamePun ratted]] Roddy out?
*** In his defense, he ''did'' think Rodney was a dirty criminal using them to hide.
* CrossesTheLineTwice: Roddy getting a GroinAttack? Not funny. Roddy getting hit in the groin ''five times in a row?'' And then hit with a soccer ball afterwards? ''That's'' funny.
* GeniusBonus: The cockroach behind the fridge can briefly be seen reading Kafka's ''Literature/TheMetamorphosis''. Even better because it's in French
** Not a bad little game. No bugs, some obviously incomplete areas, but the speedboating is fun. Only problem is the platforming's a bit difficult.
** Big plus on presentation values, as the CGI models from the movie could be re-used for the game.
* OlderThanTheyThink: The film got flack for switching from stop-motion to CGI, despite Aardman having used CGI in many of their advertisements. You can forgive Americans, though, as most of these ads have only aired in England.
** The slugs are [[WesternAnimation/DespicableMe proto-Minions]].
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: More than a few fans were ticked off that this was not going to be done in Aardman's trademark claymation style. At least one article at the time compared it to when Music/BobDylan started playing electric guitar.
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome: To say nothing else of the rest of the film, the animators took great effort to give the animation a "jerky" stop-motion look and texture resembling clay. At times, it actually looks like stop-motion.