- Homegrown Hero: A staple of the series, as every single modern-day protagonist is an American citizen abroad, regardless of where the game takes place. Seemingly averted in 2016 Far Cry: Primal, where it's set in a valley called Oros.
- The Scrappy:
WHAT ABOUT THE WHALES, GEORGE?
- "Food guy" Emillio for being an unfunny comic relief.
- The tourists looking for whales, as they are another case of annoying comic relief.
- Video-Game Movies Suck: The staple for Uwe Boll video game movies, and the gaming studios became dead-set on never letting it happen to another one of their games again after this attempt. The video game movies Boll has directed since 2008 are sequels to the earlier films.
- Plot Tumor: The Detective Cordonís investigation of Heatherís death. Itís not badly written per se, but it goes on for too long, with little progress or significant character development. The eventual revelation that Lee was partly complicit in her death and was responsible for covering it up just doesnít elicit much emotion.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Will Grayson. His superior makes a very good point that his obsession with Mitchell Roberts is destructive and the methods he used to gather evidence were deeply unethical. Sadly, once Roberts escapes, he is treated as being right all along in his methods and he never gets confronted by either Christine Fell or someone else.