YMMV: Fantasy Zone
- Awesome Music: Most of the soundtrack of the game is pure, unadultered Reggae, of all things. For a better example here's the theme of the first stage of the first game.
- Game Breaker: The Heavy Bomb is quite powerful, especially against the bosses.
- The 7-Way shot makes short work of almost any level and is pretty useful against most of the bosses too.
- In the original, buying all the engines makes beam weapons never run out (dying excepted). This allows for unlimited use of the aforementioned 7-way shot, which makes the rest of the game significantly easier.
- Porting Disaster: Compared to the arcade and SMS versions, the NES port (most notably the Tengen version) has terrible sound, lacklustre graphics, and is generally considered a pale imitation.
- Surprise Difficulty: The colorful graphics would suggest a simple, easy-going shooter. Not so much.
- That One Boss: The snowman boss of level 5 is a huge jump in difficulty and is generally a pain in the neck to get rid of. Especially if you don't have a special beam weapon to fight him with.