- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Megas versus Suika: a giant robot car piloted by an obese video game-loving gearhead vs. a perpetually drunk, size-shifting child-esque oni who can rip apart mountains with her bare hands.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: In the Extra Stage, Coop ends a free-for-all as only he can.
- Alice: (thinking) What? How did he get that arsenal in there?Saturday Night: Super Destructor ModeAlice: Eeep! (thinking) And why is it a Spell Card?!
- Yuyuko tells Yukari that visitors got into Gensokyo thanks to a "shining wizard", prompting the latter to waste no time leaving to investigate. Yuyuko then tells Ran that she thinks most of it is faked, leaving it ambiguous as to whether she was referring to Yukari's behavior or to pro wrestling in general.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- After getting trapped inside Megas, Patchouli decides that she's never leaving the Mansion again "for anything short of an earthquake". Fast-forward to the events of Scarlet Weather Rhapsody...
- During the "credits", it's implied that Megas was what inspired Alice to create the Goliath Doll.
- From the Extra Stage, Reisen takes offense to Reimu lumping her in with a group of youkai, reminding her that she's a moon rabbit. By the time of Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom, her attitude in this regard has done a 180.
- The Woobie: Patchouli. Very little, if anything at all, goes right for her when Coop comes to town. By the end of the story, her circumstances have not only driven her to angrily snap at her best friend, but have left her with a minor case of trauma that rears its head during the Extra Stage.
YMMV / Fantasy of Utter Ridiculousness
Subjective tropes for Fantasy of Utter Ridiculousness