* AnticlimaxBoss: [[spoiler:General Barnaky is tougher than a normal enemy, but not to an extreme degree, and is no match for your combined squad. He's also noticeably weaker than Frank Horrigan or The Master.]]
* CompleteMonster: [[DarkActionGirl Daisy-May Gomer]] is a deeply antisocial, sex-crazed psychopath partaking in a wave of RapePillageAndBurn in the Midwest. Forming an alliance with other Raiders and weakening the Brotherhood of Steel's forces, Daisy-May keeps at least one man alive during her raids, so she can repeatedly [[SerialRapist rape]] and torture them, with a focus on sexual violence. When confronted by [[PlayerCharacter the Warrior]] and the initiates, Daisy-May sarcastically tells the squad that she might have to "keep one or two of you as personal slaves". A woman who [[LovesTheSoundOfScreaming enjoys hearing the sounds of people screaming]], Daisy-May's latest victim is Nanuk, a tribal who was continuously sexually tortured by Daisy-May to the point his genitalia got infected, and his only solution was to burn it.
* FanonDiscontinuity[=/=]CanonDiscontinuity: Due to the differences between ''Tactics'' and ''Fallout 1'' and ''2'', a lot of fans refuse to aknowledge this game as part of the franchise. When Bethesda took the rights to the franchise, they declared this game BroadStrokes.
* GoodBadBug: The Brahmin Armor is supposed to turn the wearer into a Brahmin; however, this only works for human characters. To non-human characters, this is treated like any other armor; in particular, this can turn the Robot recruit into an unkillable juggernaut.
* HilariousInHindsight: Everyone's antipathy towards Cherry Nuka-Cola in the Midwest is quite funny after ''VideoGame/Fallout4'' has them turn out to be [[GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff actually pretty popular in the Commonwealth]].
* SoOkayItsAverage: Many people admit that, while it may not be a good ''Fallout'' game (if they admit it's part of the ''Fallout', universe, that is), it's quite enjoyable.
* MisBlamed: The game gets a ''lot'' of flack for the hairy Deathclaws which are seen as silly and canon-violating. Originally, Deathclaws were ''supposed'' to be furry, as seen in the original concept art, and the only reason they weren't was because the original game's engine wasn't capable of rendering convincing fur. The ''Tactics'' developers used the original concept both as an homage to the concept art and to show that different mutations of the same animal occurred. There are also a lot of complaints about there being real-world guns in the game even though the first two games had plenty of them (Desert Eagle, FN FAL, Pancor Jackhammer, P-90 etc.)
* VindicatedByHistory: To an extent – although it's still considered one of the weaker games, thanks to ''VideoGame/FalloutBrotherhoodOfSteel'', it's no longer considered the worst game in the franchise anymore.