YMMV: Fallout: Equestria - Murky Number Seven
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: The story was sliding into this for a while, but after Shackles broke Murky and his friends were captured and forced into hard labor, even some die-hard fans were finding it difficult to keep reading this kind of bleak material.
- Deus Angst Machina: This story could give Project Horizons a run for its money in terms of sheer bleakness and hell the characters go through every other chapter. And that's saying something!
- Faux Action Girl: Sunny Days is introduced as strong and independent mare who has gotten by on her own in the Wasteland. In the same chapter she is introduced, she fails to escape Shackles, gets shot and is enslaved.
- Narm Charm: The situations can get so absurdly hopeless and the slavers so cartoonishly sadistic it can make a reader roll their eyes. Yet the level of Nightmare Fuel is such that the tone frequently circles back to horrifying.
- Nightmare Fuel: Plenty of it, considering that the main setting is Fillydelphia. Among these is the incident in the parasprite pits, where the parasprites (which have been mutated to become carnivorous and even more rapidly reproducing) break loose from one of the hives being burnt and start wreaking havoc. One slave manages to survive a wildly-swinging buzz saw with only a rent in his protective suit, only for a sprite to get in through there. The rapid reproducing eventually causes them to start eating him alive, starting with his eye before enveloping the rest of him.
- No Yay: More than a little is directed towards Murky by Shackles; the slaver's express intent is to own Murky both in body and mind, he has No Sense of Personal Space, and he even drags Murk around with a leash and collar on occasion. The facts that Shackles is much bigger than Murky and may or may not be Murky's father only add to the Nausea Fuel.
- Padding: Whereas many Fallout Equestria stories have fight scenes every other page, this one swaps it out for torture and Mind Rape sequences.
- The Woobie: Murky is about as much of one as you'll ever read about.
- Born into slavery; so small that there are fillies larger than he his; a high-pitched, squealing voice; and to top it all off, if he doesn't get Rad Away at least once a day, the taint in his lungs will kill him. Yeah, he's pretty much the biggest woobie imaginable.