YMMV: Fairly Legal
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Viewers are divided on Lauren, whether she is a devious golddigger out to steal control of her husband's law firm, or whether she is genuninely trying to keep the firm afloat after the loss of their beloved founder. There is evidence for both, as she is a highly-competent attorney in her own right and seemed to genuninely care for Teddy - and yet is also quite capable of ruthless, outside-the-box tactics to get her way.
- Becomes much less ambiguous in the second season, where she's pretty clearly established as the latter.
- Funny Moments: Kate and Leo's interactions are usually this.
- Heartwarming Moments: Also Kate and Leo.
- The Scrappy: Grogen. He seems to be played like a funny, if somewhat obnoxious lawyer who acts as a Love Interest to Kate, but comes across as a smug jerkass who only cares about himself, and doesn't give a damn about what's best for his client as long as it get's the most money.
- The Woobie: Lauren and Kate each occasionally end up in this role. Kate loses a home, husband, job, and father in the space of a year. Lauren loses her husband, gets little respect, gets blackmailed, etc.