YMMV: Explosions In The Sky
- Epic Riff: "A Song for Our Fathers," "Your Hand in Mine."
- Face of the Band: Averted. They are deliberately leaderless, and except for Munaf's brief greeting to the crowd at the beginning and goodbye at the end, they do not speak on stage.
- Madness Mantra / Survival Mantra: The cover of The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place can be interpreted as this.
- Magnum Opus: The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
- Mainstream Obscurity: Despite having their music featured in Friday Night Lights and playing to a sellout crowd at Radio City Music Hall. The fact that their songs aren't exactly radio friendly probably has something to do with this, but that seems to be the way they like it.
- Signature Song: Arguably "Your Hand in Mine."
- Possibly "The Only Moment We Were Alone" as well. It's used pretty frequently in soundtracks, especially for documentaries.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: They still get emails asking for the song used as the theme to Friday Night Lights. That particular piece is not their work; it was composed by veteran TV writer W.G. Snuffy Walden and deliberately mimicked their style.