YMMV: Even Angels Have Scars
- Crowning Moment of Funny: A lot. Like how Kurt got the name “Nightcrawler.”
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The last two chapters. And the Advent one-shot.
- Magnificent Bastard: Hello, Azazel.
- Moral Event Horizon: When Azazel (who else) reveals what he wants and threatens Father Dietrich.
- Nightmare Fuel: When Kurt gets his scars. Ouch.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Azazel in the comics was a weird villain with a nonsensical plot in a poorly-written arc that most fans have banished to the dark realms of Discontinuity Land. In this fanfic, he is a legitimately cunning, terrifying, manipulative bastard who is based on angels from Enochian and Christian mysticism rather than the typical Marvel and Lowest Cosmic Denominator demons.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Prejudice is wrong, you aren’t evil unless you choose to be, and don’t be ashamed of who you are. The same necessary anvils X-Men was created to drop in the first place.
- Tear Jerker: Nearly all of the Traumatic Incident chapters. Traumatic Incident Number 2 isn’t tear jerking at all, but it makes up for it by introducing the man who will be the Big Bad: Azazel. Chapters 49/48-54/53.
- The Woobie: Kurt, most definitely. But most of the main cast gets their moment of woobiedom.