YMMV / Evan Bourne
- Author's Saving Throw: After an Epic Fail the part of WWE. On the June 20, 2011, episode of Raw, which was a "Power to the People" episode, fans got to choose who Bourne's opponent would be by clicking on or texting A for Jack Swagger, B for Mason Ryan or C for Sin Cara. Most people thought Bourne's opponent would be Sin Cara, or at the very least Jack Swagger, since the two were in the middle of a feud. However, the world was shocked that Ryan received 51% of the vote to Sin Cara's 30% and Swagger's 19%. While it wasn't a Curb-Stomp Battle, Ryan won the match emphatically. The next day, however, it was revealed that there was a hitch in the voting system. For the previous match, which was to determine who would face (and ultimately defeat) Brie Bella for the WWE Divas Championship, 11% chose Eve (A), 53% chose Kelly Kelly (B) and 36% chose Beth Phoenix (C). Between the Diva's match and Bourne's match, WWE.com did not reset voting on its Chat Poll. Had they done so, Sin Cara would have received 90% of the overall vote and faced Bourne that night. In response to their mistake, WWE has booked Evan Bourne vs. Sin Cara for the June 27, 2011, episode of Raw.
- Ensemble Darkhorse
- Sydal got "Fuck Em Up Matt, Fuck Em Up" chants in GCW. That chant is usually reserved for big "shoot" wrestlers like Tazz or Samoa Joe. The fact we just called Tazz "big" should give an idea at how irregular it is to hear this directed at a guy of Matt's size.
- Evan Bourne's indie roots and natural skill make him a smark favorite though WWE rarely books him as really strong.
- The height Bourne gets on some of his aerial moves - especially his Shooting Star Press - has to be seen to be believed.
- Ending up on the receiving end of The Shooting Sta-RKO.
- Shooting Star Press, 5 opponents, and a twenty-foot ladder. Three guesses what the audience started chanting after they saw this spot.
- He then teamed up with Kofi Kingston. That's every bit as insanely awesome as it sounds.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: In some circles, simply mentioning the name "Evan Bourne" will get you ridiculed, as there is a strong insistence WWE ruined Matt Sydal forever. This is largely dieing down due Sydal wrestling away from WWE again and Bourne remained fairly popular among RoHbots, naturally. This is odd actually because thanks to Youtube and his interview with Colt Cabana on art of wrestlinmg, he had to choose the name over being called Jason Jackson and other Jackson names, so he went to Joey Styles who helped him pick the name, Evan for his old room mate and friend and Bourne cause of the Bourne movie series.
When he started backyard wrestling he was Sydal( Sabu is suicidal and every other "sydal" so he's just Sydal and then he chose the name Lance Sydal. When he started training in GCW he was too young to have a last name so he was MATT like KENTA. According to him he chose Matt Sydal in his stint in TNA combining both names. When he came up with Evan Bourne, Colin Delaney came up with the Red Baron " Air Bourne", Matt was suprised he didn't think of it, cause he loves puns and word play.