YMMV / European Championship
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Greece won in 2004. Their manager... Otto Rehhagel. Yeah, a German coach led Greece to a surprise victory.
- Memetic Mutation: Mario Balotelli's "revealing" goal celebration after his goal against Germany, in the semi-final of the Euro 2012.
- Tough Act to Follow: In terms of defending champions:
- France failed to qualify for the next edition after winning in 1984.
- Denmark (1996), Germany (2000) and Greece (2008) failed to go through to the next round. Greece even finished their group stage with zero points!