Tropers Online: 4,553
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: European Championship
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Greece won in 2004. Their manager... Otto Rehhagel. Yeah, a German coach led Greece to a surprise victory.
- Memetic Mutation: Mario Balotelli's "revealing" goal celebration after his goal against Germany, in the semi-final of the Euro 2012.
- Tough Act to Follow: In terms of defending champions:
- France failed to qualify for the next edition after winning in 1984.
- Denmark (1996), Germany (2000) and Greece (2008) failed to go through to the next round. Greece even finished their group stage with zero points!