YMMV: Et Cetera
- Fashion-Victim Villain: Alternate for some reason lost the vest and suspenders and started tying his shirt to show his midriff.
- Magnificent Bastard / Manipulative Bastard: Blush. Let's just have a run-down of what he's done over the course of the series:
- He posed as an injured traveler who had collapsed outside of Fino's village, befriended her while she 'nursed him back to health', then killed her parents all to steal their sacred treasure.
- He kills Gordy, fellow Syndicate member and Alternate's father, and pins the blame on Mingchao. This lets him use Alternate as a pawn in his quest to steal the Eto Gun until he ditches him in Los Angeles. Or so he thinks.
- He kidnapped Yaghi (attacking the village while the men were out hunting, setting it on fire and shooting the remaining Indians) and threatened to kill him if Mingchao and Fino didn't try to kill each other with their guns.
- He supplied a highly addictive narcotic to Razy/Baskerville after he got amnesia, forcing Razy to obey him in order to get his "medicine."
- Being an all-around Jerk Ass.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: The first book alone shows many gunshots, attempted character murder, gambling, drinking, a drunk minor, Attempted Rape, and Ming Chao using the underwear from the guest character to power up a gun. The label clearly states that it is for ages 10 and up.