troperville

tools

toys


main index

Narrative

Genre

Media

Topical Tropes

Other Categories

TV Tropes Org
random
YMMV: Ends of the Earth
  • Fridge Brilliance: Ock's revelation that 0.08% of human life will survive, amongst them Spider-Man, and his subsequent pause when Spidey bluffs that Ock had miscalculated & the survivors will wind up brain dead after their brains are fried, makes more sense with the knowledge that Otto's real plan was to switch bodies with Peter & continue living whilst Peter died in his place, forever remembered as history's greatest monster. It makes Otto's plan even more horrific by reducing it to just another petty revenge scheme against Spider-Man.
  • Hilarious in Hindsight: Mysterio turns on Doc Ock after Spider-Man points out that if he's right about Otto's intentions & he's planning to kill everyone, Mysterio & the $2 Billion he was paid for his role in the plan will burn with the rest of the planet. At the end of the series, he's the only member of the Sinister Six unaccounted for (Unless one includes Rhino) as he leaves before Spider-Man defeats Ock & the freed-from-brainwashing Avengers wake up. Fast forward a few months to Spider-Men, and he winds up in the custody of S.H.I.E.L.D. & trapped in the Ultimate Universe rendering his billions worthless anyway.
  • Moral Event Horizon:
    • If Doc Ock hadn't crossed it in the past, he gleefully skips over it here as he reveals to Spider-Man that his plan is to kill 99.92% of the life on Earth, with the remaining 0.08% remembering him as the greatest monster in human history.
    • Rhino killing Silver Sable by drowning her with a sadistic smile on his face. The few times he had killed before were either accidental or in revenge, and even that was by him charging someone, rather the prolonged suffering of drowning someone. It's possible that he crossed it even earlier than that, as it's implied Rhino was the only one aware of Ock's real intentions & the rest of the Sinister Six were under the impression that the goal was just to humiliate Spider-Man.

random
TV Tropes by TV Tropes Foundation, LLC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from thestaff@tvtropes.org.
Privacy Policy
3676
35