- Alternative Character Interpretation: There's a theory that centaurs in this world actually are just as intelligent as they're usually portrayed, and their role as pets is a species-wide piece of Obfuscating Stupidity for some probably dark purpose.
- There's also a rather popular theory that Mandy constantly orders Ella around so that Ella can learn to twist the orders and thus give her more freedom that way.
- Fridge Logic: Many readers have wondered why no one tries saying "Ella, only obey orders if you want to from now on, no matter what orders you may get in the future" as an order.
- Les Yay: Slight hints of Areida/Ella.
- Ass Pull: So, Ella never once tried to give herself an order before?
- Awesome Music: The cover of "Somebody to Love". In a medieval setting.
- Also "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" at the end, which includes every single member of the cast.
- Harsher in Hindsight / Hilarious in Hindsight: This exchange:
Char: *while having his arm bandaged by Ella* So, will I live?
- Aiden McArdle is an elf in the land of magic who wanted to be a lawyer instead of an entertainer, for once. Then comes the Poirot episode Curtain, when he plays a man who never legally did anything wrong and can't be touched by the law, yet becomes a "magical" Manipulative Bastard who orders people to kill each other for him while playing with their emotions, thus escaping the law. Such bitter irony...
- Hilarious in Hindsight: An improvised Queen song in a Fractured Fairy Tale? As a matter of fact...
- Retroactive Recognition: Hugh Dancy as Prince Charmant.
- Special Effect Failure: Even for the time, Heston is a severely underwhelming piece of CGI.
- So Okay, It's Average: The general reaction from critics and the public.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: In the original book, Mandy is Ella's Fairy Godmother who fights tooth and nail to help Ella survive both her stepmother's abuse and Lucinda's curse. In the movie, she is merely an incompetent house fairy who won't lift a finger to help Ella because she will lose her eternal youth and beauty (which she does not have in the original book, being a Cool Old Lady!)