- Crazy Awesome: His total insanity when dealing with peoples questions is legendary.
Fan: "How does Zoro talk with with a sword in his mouth?"Oda: "Easy, his soul lets him talk."
- Really, it seems like when it comes to his work, Oda doesn't even know the meaning of the word "subtle." Of course, many love him for just that.
- Creator Worship: He's the 31st most popular character in One Piece, despite not being an option on the poll, some fans have called him the Jesus of shonen, and if you want more proof, read this page.
- Oda himself acknowledges this: In one of the SBS pages, one fan asked what his greatest treasure is. His response: "My treasure? Of course, it's ALL YOU READERS."
- Critical Research Failure: When asked what nation each Straw Hat would be from, he states Usopp is from the continent Africa.
- Though he probably knew what he was saying when he said Africa. Check out the One Piece Fridge page for more.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Oda never forgets. A reference to the fact that characters or plot points introduced in bit parts in the earliest chapters of the manga will often turn up later and prove to have had HUGE importance; for example, Laboon, the giant whale the crew met when first entering the Grand Line, is connected to Brooke, who appears nearly four hundred chapters later.
- Moment of Awesome: He's kept One Piece going for almost fifteen years now. And it's still one of the top three most popular manga ever. The total sales have surpassed even Dragon Ball's, knocking it into second place.