- Jerkass Woobie: Eegah. He's not really evil, it's just that after thousands of years in isolation he has no idea how to deal with other people.
- Memetic Mutation: "Watch out for snakes!"
- Narm: The whole movie could qualify, but Roxy's emphatic "Wheeeeeeee!" in the dune buggy scene takes the cake.
- Nightmare Retardant: The blood and... flowers during the opening credits.
- Special Effects Failure: Eegah's beard is obviously fake.
- Squick: The scene where a randy Eegah is pawing at Roxy and her father urges her to "Give him something else!" Also, the scenes where Roxy shaves her father and adjusts his tie. The MST3K cast thought that Roxy and her father were "offscreen lovers."
- The Scrappy: Tom (Hall Jr.) gets a lot of screentime doing pretty much nothing while Roxy and her father are kidnapped, usually screaming "Roxy! Roxy!" When he doesn't, they yell for him, and groan whenever he appears afterwards. His lyrical ineptitude and horrible hair certainly don't help.
- What an Idiot: So you're hanging out at a party, talking to a girl, when suddenly a 7 foot tall muscular man dressed as a caveman and holding a club as big as you are lightly bumps into you. Why not try picking a fight with him? Fortunately for the kid, there was a swimming pool where he landed.