* AndYouThoughtItWouldFail: They formed out of a small town in Germany in 1992, at the height of the grunge era, when very few record labels would touch a metal act with a ten foot pole. Twenty five years later, they're one of the most successful German power metal bands in the business today.
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: "Lucifer in Love". While Edguy is not above joke songs, they are usually saved until the end of the album. This one occurs at the three-quarters point and the sheer [=WTFness=] of it all is...better yet, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hj51KRQric listen for yourself.]]
* HoYay: To the point that Tobi sometimes [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yNQO9LGpVY changes the line "What's night without the day?" to "What's Edguy without the gays?"]] in concerts.
* TearJerker: Several of Edguy's ballads, such as "Scarlet Rose" and "The Spirit Will Remain."
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: A common complaint on more recent albums, especially with Edguy's veering from power metal to hard rock.