- Crowning Moment of Funny: Pretty much everything after you evacuate at the end of the final mission, assuming you complete it on Hard. It gets even sillier if you complete it on Inferno. Sully is also an ordained minister, Ops' name is really - no, really - Roger Ops, and Lightning Alpha's name is, yes, Lightning Alpha.
- Demonic Spiders: Besides the Metal Spiders (which fit this trope nicely), Wasps (both normal and Metal variants) are also a source of annoyance to player. They are much smaller and faster than other mini-bosses, making it a pain to try to target them with a non-guided weapon. They have an attack that holds the player in one place until another soldier hits them. Finally, the metal variant possesses a powerful beam weapon that can do in excess of 200 damage with a full hit.
- Game Breaker: The Battle armor's shield can withstand hits from anything that does damage. This includes the Pesticide weapons, which just zero out the energy meter and leave you without a scratch. Inferno mode just got a lot easier.
- God Damn Bats: The gunships are incredibly annoying. They have little health, but are quit small and fast, making them hard to shoot down without lock capable weapons. To top it off they have two different attack modes. Their laser pulses during which they will strafe you on the ground in a attack run, usually while you're busy dealing with other problems, and a high powered laser they fire after they stop for a short bit before going back to zooming around. Now throw in multiple gunships doing that and it gets really annoying.
- Ant hills. Without a decent weapon with large blast radius, it's very hard to shut it down. In fights with larger enemies, they tend to be an annoying distraction when you're trying to focus on the tougher enemy.
- Any enemy that can attack you while you're trying to plant a demolition charge on an ant hole as a an attack resets the progress bar.
- Robotic Spiders. Their attacks hurt more and on higher difficulties can damn near kill you with a jump attack. They also spam their web attacks like the old spiders.
- Most Annoying Sound: The NPC atmospheric dialogue. There are not a lot of recorded lines and they get repeated constantly.
- Most Wonderful Sound: The death sounds made by the spiders and cyborg spiders. It makes them so satisfying to kill, given how annoying they are.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: A reaction from a subset of fans of Earth Defense Force 2017.
- Also, the shift in tone from a cheesy Japanese style to a cheesy American B-Movie style brought some complaints, too.
YMMV / Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Back to Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon