YMMV: Earth Defense Force 2025
- Game Breaker: The Wing Diver as a whole. With the ability to fly and access to overpowered energy weapons, this class tears ravagers a new one, especially in levels revolving around narrow caves.
- The DLC missions may qualify as well. Despite taking greater skill and requiring early inferno farming, on the hardest difficulty level, it is possible to have access to weapons up to level 95 before you even get through one quarter of the game.
- Demonic Spiders: Literally! Giant spiders can leap through the air like grasshoppers and fire life-sapping strands of silk that pulls you towards them, in addition to leaving webs around that can also drain your health if you get caught in them, thus hampering your movement.
- Narm: Earth Defense Force 2025 is a giant love letter to the science fiction B-movies of the past. Naturally this extends to the dialogue; every line of dialogue is either purposefully overdramatic or completely failing to be dramatic.
- Nightmare Fuel: The third trailer of the game introduces an enemy type that resembles the Asian giant hornet, the world's largest and dangerous hornets known to man.
- The giant insects are this in general, even if you don't have a phobia. Battles against them, especially in the later levels, ultimately boil down to emptying clip after clip into this swarming, skittering mass, realizing that two replace every one you kill, and hoping you can at least thin them out before they bowl over you. It's really tense at times.