YMMV: Drop the Dead Donkey
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Joy, the sociopathic P.A, went from having two-minute appearances in Series Two to having her own plotlines in later episodes.
- Moment Of Awesome / Funny Moments
"...a time when this industry was run by giants. Whereas now it is run...BY PYGMIES! Like HIM (points) and HIM!"Truth In Televison - former BBC Midlands news presenter Alan Towers signed off his last bulletin by saying "This is my last programme for the BBC after 25 years. When I first joined the corporation, it was led by giants. Now it is being led by pygmies in grey suits wearing blindfolds"
- Henry at his award ceremony:
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Characters often insult Sarah Ferguson's book Budgie The Little Helicopter. Jeff Rawle (George) provided voices for the animated adaptation of the same book.
- Damien tries to report next to s burning pile of drugs and gradually gets high off the fumes. In 2015, reporter Quentin Somerville encountered the same problem.
- Retroactive Recognition: Daniel Craig as a thug, Hermione Norris