YMMV: Dragon Tales
- Accidental Innuendo: Just check out this little gem from "Goodbye Little Caterpoozle":
Ord: You kissed a caterpoozle!Wheezie: It's no worse than kissing a brother! (kisses Zak on the cheek)Zak: Eww, sister germs!
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The reason all the songs on the show are available over two CDs. Additionally, the music played by Quetzal for the freeze dance game in "Tails, You Lose." Relaxing, majestic, and beautiful.
- It's helped by the fact all the songs were composed and several of them were sung by Joey Levine of Ohio Express fame. (He's also responsible for many well-known advertisement jingles).
- Designated Villain: Cyrus isn't really doing anything wrong. He's doing what nature intended for him to do and the gang is messing with nature by preventing him from eating eggs, which is what he's SUPPOSED to do.
- Ear Worm: The theme song like woah, and many of the Dragon Tunes. If you have a young relative who likes this show, you WILL get at least one stuck in your head.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Ord.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The game played in the episode "No Hitter"(essentially Kickball) shares its name with a certain famous manga and anime series. It doesn't help that, later on, Max kicks seven balls that have the same color scheme as these◊.
- Marty Stu: What many former viewers view Enrique as.
- Moment of Awesome: Each of the dragons gets one in "A Crown For Princess Kadoodle."
- MST3K Mantra: It's just best not to question some of the more, erm, biological aspects of Zak and Wheezie.
- Periphery Demographic: Enough to garner a 5.8 score on IMDb.
- The Scrappy: Enrique.
- He sure misses his abuelita and Mexico...
- Wheezie could also be this for some viewers, mainly due to the fact that she never shuts up.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Most of the time. Although minor quarrels do crop up from time to time.
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: Mr. Pop comes off this way in "Wheezie's Last Laugh," since he steals Wheezie's laugh. Most viewers, particularly those in the Periphery Demographic, find Wheezie's laugh very grating, so most end up rooting for Mr. Pop instead. This is saying something because he is supposed to be a villain.
- The Woobie: Due to all the little abuse Zak regularly takes, it's hard to not want to reach out and give him a hug or a cuddle.
- Cassie too, given how easily she gets upset and how hard it is for her to speak up. She's also the nicest dragon in the show, tied with Quetzal (which admittedly is not saying much since most Dragonland citizens are friendly), so even on the very, VERY rare occasions where she's acting selfishly (jealousy over little brother Finn, for example, or getting worried that a new dragon will take Emmy's unfortunately there are multiple episodes where she has to face disappointment or fear of some kind. It's friendship away), her reasons are realistic enough that the viewer doesn't lose sympathy. And easy to want to give her a big gigantic hug.