- Awesome Music: The DVD for .hack//SIGN gives the option to turn off dialogue and leave only the music. Considering that said music was made by Yuki Kajiura, did you really expect anything less?
- All the games feature great music by Chikayo Fukuda and the wailing vocalist Tomoyo Mitani performs the Tear Jerker song to close out the the first two G.U. games plus the awesome third song. She also did the vocals for Aura's theme in the first game and more. To top it off .hack//Link also features a few of Kajiura's songs.
- Fan Wank: Early romance fanfiction retconning Tsukasa as a biological male is the most egregious of Fan Wank behavior in the .hack fanfic community.
- Memetic Mutation: The monkey dance.
- "This shindig looks like the bomb-diggity."
- Considering B.T. frequently has chats with Sora, she was killed by him a few times in the game, and attacked by two player killers in a dungeon. This eventually becomes a joke in .Hack//GIFT, where absolutely no one is surprised to see that B.T. was murdered yet again.
- All you have to do is yell out "I'm stuck in the game!" or "I can't log out!" around anyone who has seen this show, especially in an MMORPG, to spark laughter, or joining in.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Macha is a girl. Though due to the lack of any clear feminine characteristics outside of being part pink, it's next to impossible to tell from watching the show alone.
- The Woobie / Jerkass Woobie: Subaru and Tsukasa, the latter's "jerkass" status depending on the portion of the series that you're looking at.